Saskatchewan Hospital North BattlefordThe Government of Saskatchewan is building a new publicly owned and operated facility to replace the Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford and an integrated correctional facility as a design-build-finance-maintain public-private partnership (P3) procurement model.
The new publicly owned and operated 284-bed facility will have 32 more beds than the existing hospital. The facility will consist of 188 beds replacing the current 156-bed facility and 96 secure beds for male and female offenders living with mental health issues. The two populations will remain separate, as will their programming and treatment.
This is an innovative approach for delivering mental health care and supports to two separate groups of people with significant psychiatric rehabilitation needs. See construction site webcam and other project info here.
Employment and Partnership Opportunity Contact
Anyone wishing to contact Access Prairies Partnership, the consortium delivering the new facility should please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Value for Money
Using a P3 approach, A total investment of $407 million is being made in the new facility including the cost of design, construction, finance, and more than 30 years of maintenance to ensure it remains in like-new condition. Ernst & Young, the independent financial experts, confirm the P3 model will save taxpayers $90 million (18%) compared to a traditional model. These savings include P3-related costs, such as private financing.
- Request for Qualifications
- Request for Proposals
- First Fairness Advisor Report (following RFQ)
- Second Fairness Advisor Report(following RFP)
- Value for Money Assessment Report
- Project Agreement
- April 30, 2014 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) issued.
- October 7, 2014 –Three proponent teams were short-listed and announced as moving forward to Request for Proposal (RFP) phase of procurement.
Fairness Advisor Report
- October 28, 2014 – Business-to-business networking event to introduce local businesses to shortlisted proponent teams.
- July 6, 2015 –
- July 6, 2015 – Access Prairies Partnership (APP) was selected as the Preferred Proponent. The team comprises:
- Graham Design Builders LP
- Gracorp Capital Advisors LP
- Carillion Canada Inc.
- Carillion Construction Inc.
- Carillion Private Finance Ltd.
- Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd.
- WSP Canada
- Summer 2015 – Construction underway.
- Spring 2018 – Projected completion.
External Project Advisors
As part of the due diligence process, these project advisors were procured:
- Facility Consultant Advisor – Cannon Design Architecture Inc.
- Facility Maintenance Advisor – Pacific Meridian Consulting Inc.
- Information Management Information Technology Advisor – HH Angus & Associates Limited
- Fairness advisor – Miller Thomson LLP
- Insurance advisor – Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
- Legal advisor – Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP
- P3 Financial Advisor – Ernst & Young LLP
- P3 Procurement Advisory – Partnerships BC, Government of British Columbia
- Quantity Surveyor / Cost Estimator – SSA Quantity Surveyors Ltd.