- July 3, 2013 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was issued and closed October 9, 2013.
- November 27, 2013 - Three proponent teams were short-listed and announced as moving forward to Request for Proposal (RFP) phase of procurement.
Fairness Advisor Report
- December 17, 2013 – Business-to-business networking event held in Swift Current to introduce local businesses to short-listed proponent teams.
- July 17, 2014 – Plenary Health selected as preferred proponent.
Final Fairness Advisor Report
- Summer 2014 – Construction underway.
- Spring 2016 – Projected completed.
In December 2013, SaskBuilds and the Cypress Regional Health Authority hosted a business-to-business networking event in Swift Current to introduce local businesses to the short-listed proponent teams bidding on the Swift Current Long-Term Care.
More than 40 local business owners and representatives used the opportunity to familiarize the proponent teams with the local services, labour, skills and expertise available. SaskBuilds will lead a similar event for each project that proceeds to procurement using an alternative financing approach.
External Project Advisors
As part of the due diligence process, these project advisors were procured:
- Facility Consultant Advisor – Group2 Architecture Interior Design Inc.
- Facility Maintenance Advisor – Pacific Meridian Consulting Inc.
- Fairness Advisor – McMillan LLP
- Insurance Advisor – Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
- P3 Financial Advisor – Deloitte LLP
- P3 Legal Advisor – Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP
- P3 Procurement Advisor – Partnerships BC, Government of British Columbia
- Quantity Surveyor / Cost Estimator – SSA Quantity Surveyors Ltd.