The Government of Saskatchewan established SaskBuilds as a Treasury Board Crown Corporation in October 2012 (based in Regina). SaskBuilds leads the delivery of large and complex infrastructure projects for public sector clients, coordinates long-term integrated capital planning for executive government and drives public procurement modernization to support the province’s growth and the quality of life of its people.
The Manager of Financial Services will report to the Director of Corporate Services and support the Corporate Services (finance, administration, HR, IT, planning) area of the organization.
This role involves a high degree of complexity and will require the Manager of Financial Services to frequently interact with the VP of Corporate Services & CFO, Provincial Auditors and Treasury Board Division. In this capacity, the Manager of Financial Services is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and management to the provision of financial management services;
- Preparing material to support financial management and accountability;
- Leading and managing the accounting processes;
- Supporting the HR administrative function, including monitoring and adjusting payroll, developing and maintaining policies, monitoring and reporting on HR statistics, supporting managers in recruitment process as required
- Participating in and contributing to the on-going administration, development and implementation of the policies such as contracts/agreements;
- Support decision making through research and analysis and support the implementation of data management systems and tools;
- Managing shared services agreements;
- Lead financial systems reviews, testing and implementations.
- Providing leadership to IT services management and participating on committees; and,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To excel in this senior role, the Manager of Financial Services will have:
- Knowledge of financial planning, accounting, forecasting, expenditure management and audit theories and principles;
- Knowledge of tax law and agency related legislation, government financial policy;
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with the ability to effectively present and achieve understanding of complex information, change requirements, amongst diverse audiences;
- Ability to research, analyze and assess information to develop and prepare reports, proposals, recommendations and items for decision;
- Ability to understand and communicate the implications of decisions, issue resolution and skill in the identification and mitigation of risks;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of government policy making and legislative processes, human resources policies, practices and agreements, and principles and practices of finance, administration and budgetary process; and,
- The ability to prioritize competing assignments and adhere to critical deadlines.
Education and Experience
Qualified applicants will have significant relevant experience (minimum of five years), and possess the following education, skills and competencies:
- A degree in commerce, financial management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Consideration will be given to individuals that have or are working towards an accounting designation [i.e., Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)].
- Interested candidates should direct their resumes by email to email@example.com with subject line Manager of Financial Services.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
- We appreciate your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary Range: $7,285 - $9,469 Monthly
Closing Date: April 28, 2019