Senior Planning Consultant - RES004726
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK--Regina and Area-Regina
Salary Range: $31.967 - $40.058 Hourly
Apply online: https://govskpsc.taleo.net/careersection/50000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=RES004726
The Government of Saskatchewan established SaskBuilds as a Treasury Board Crown Corporation in October 2012. SaskBuilds leads the delivery of large and complex infrastructure projects for public sector clients, coordinates long-term integrated capital planning for executive government and drives public procurement modernization to support the province’s growth and the quality of life of its people.
The Senior Planning Consultant will report to the Manager of Corporate Planning and support the Corporate Services area of the organization. Based in Regina, this position will allow you to leverage your leadership skills, passion, and technical expertise with an organization that holds deep-rooted values of Respect and Integrity, Serving Citizens, Excellence, Innovation, Transparency and Fairness, and Acting as One Team.
This role involves a high degree of organization and collaboration and will require the Senior Planning Consultant to frequently interact with the all areas of the organization. In this capacity, the Senior Planning Consultant is responsible for:
- Acting as the Access and Privacy Officer for the organization, including managing the Freedom of Information process;
- Reviewing processes for organization, including undertaking consultation with divisions and stakeholders to improve work flow and maximize client service;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring corporate policies and guidelines;
- Leading research for corporate initiatives such as environmental scan;
- Coordinating and monitoring operational requirements such as furniture and equipment and telephone administration; and
- Acting as the IT lead and Security Officer, including coordinating the IT needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Having experience developing and interpreting legislation would be an asset. The successful candidate will:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with people internal and external to the organization;
- Identify process needs and gaps, and determine an appropriate course of action to create improvement;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated skill in customer-centered service;
- Have the ability to prioritize competing assignments and adhere to critical deadlines;
- Research environmental scan and policy-related topics as required;
- Have the ability to influence, persuade or convince others to work towards a mutually acceptable or workable solution;
- Constructively encourage, share information and provide feedback to help others meet common goals and objectives to ensure compliance; and
- Clearly and accurately explain legislation, policies, and processes to others, in a manner appropriate for the audience.
The successful candidate will be:
- Willing to learn; and
- A reliable team player.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangement.
We are committed to workplace diversity
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Feb 2, 2020, 11:59:00 PM