MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SaskBuilds is a small, vibrant procurement and strategic infrastructure agency. SaskBuilds has the responsibility of delivering fair and transparent procurement for the executive branch of government as well as providing advice to the Government of Saskatchewan on strategies for long-term capital planning in order to enable further economic growth and an improved quality of life for residents.
The Manager of Human Resources (HR) will report to the Director of Corporate Services and support SaskBuilds’ HR functions and corporate planning initiatives.
This role involves a high level of collaboration as well as discretion and will require the successful candidate to frequently interact with internal stakeholders. In this capacity, the Manager of HR is responsible for:
- Leading and managing the HR services in alignment with SaskBuilds’ vision and strategic direction;
- Leading specific HR organizational development initiatives, such as workforce planning, training, development, culture, and engagement;
- SaskBuilds’ recruitment, selection and performance management processes;
- Maintaining and updating all HR records and tracking systems;
- Supporting, training and enforcement of all corporate programs and compliance activities;
- Providing leadership in best practices and supporting SaskBuilds managers through HR coaching;
- Administering all employee relations issues, including compliance to legislation and collective bargain agreement and assisting as necessary with contract negotiations; and
- Maintaining confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To excel in this role, the Manager of HR will have:
- An excellent understanding of the principles of HR management;
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- The ability to foster effective communication, listen to and respond appropriately to others;
- Be adept at interpreting and effectively applying all HR-related legislation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of properly administering a collective bargaining agreement, including ability to interpret, manage and consult on grievance and arbitration;
- The ability to prioritize competing assignments and adhere to critical deadlines;
- The ability to play a leadership role in shaping the ethics and values of the organization by consistently communicating and exemplifying them;
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire for learning; and
- Effective information technology skills, including use of office applications (MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Education and Experience
Qualified applicants will have relevant experience (minimum of five years), and possess the following education, skills and competencies:
- A degree in a relevant discipline is required; preference may be given to applicants with a degree in human resources, business administration and or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Consideration will be given to individuals that have or are working towards a human resources designation. (i.e.: Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP);
- Demonstrated human resource management experience; and
- Practical experience related to HR management in a change environment is an asset.
- Interested candidates should direct their resumes by email to email@example.com.
- Inquiries can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We appreciate your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: permanent full-time
Salary Range: $7,285 - $9,469 monthly
Closing Date: February 17 at 11:59 p.m.