Procurement Business Partner - CON001871
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK--Regina and Area-Regina
Salary Range: $35.978 - $45.084 Hourly
Apply online: https://govskpsc.taleo.net/careersection/50000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=CON001871
SaskBuilds is home to government’s new Single Procurement Service (SPS). The new service brings procurement professionals and expertise into a single organization that is focused on excellence and service. SPS provides services to the public and other ministries that support efforts to build the economy and make a better life for all Saskatchewan people.
SaskBuilds is seeking an innovative, responsible, and results-oriented individual to join the Single Procurement Service team as a Procurement Business Partner. Based in Regina, this position will allow you to leverage your leadership skills, passion, and technical expertise with an organization that holds deep-rooted values of Respect and Integrity, Serving Citizens, Excellence, Innovation, Transparency and Fairness, and Acting as One Team.
This position will:
- Create, implement, and maintain new procurement models, policies, and processes designed to help provincial government organizations adopt best practices and improve their procurement performance in all phases of the acquisition life cycle;
- Research, identify, and manage all aspects of a complex competitive procurement process (RFP) including utilizing different systems or tools to complete strategic sourcing initiatives, retrieve data, identify technical and legal issues, perform financial and non-financial data analysis, and evaluate current and future trends;
- Consult with other provinces on specific needs and work with the rules and regulations of other jurisdictions on intra-provincial procurement opportunities;
- Develop relationships and liaise with senior ministry, agency, and Crown Corporation officials to lead them through the strategic procurement process to achieve client and government objectives;
- Clearly and accurately explain, verbally and in writing, complex processes; interpret policy standards relating to the acquisition and contracting of services; and provide recommendations to clients to enhance knowledge and understanding of procurement policies, programs, laws, and procedures;
- Manage contracts to ensure that both suppliers and the clients are adhering to rules and regulations, maintaining confidentiality, and completing their obligations as stated in the written contract;
- Provide professional expertise to clients using project management methods to reach acceptable solutions for business requirements and ensuring best value procurement is achieved; and
- Create, format, and edit a variety of documents utilizing various software applications within tight and specific time lines.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, trade agreements, contract law, and contract negotiations;
- Strong communication, relationship-building, and customer service skills to work effectively in an evolving environment; and
- Excellent project management, problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills along with a strong attention to detail.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through a SCMP designation or a relevant undergraduate degree. Project management skills acquired through a project management designation (PMP or Prince2) are an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience in complex, end-to-end procurements and working within the public sector environment is highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO), and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: April 6, 2020, 11:59:00 PM